Presbyterian Women (PW) is an independent organization within the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) of more than 300,000 women. The programming and resource options for the organization offer a variety of ways for women to live out their faith in an inclusive, caring community.
The local branch of PW meets on the third Thursday of the month at around 1pm.
There is always room to learn and grow at FPC! Children’s Sunday School meets during Sunday Worship. An Adult Sunday School class is currently meeting just after Worship.
Confirmation Class is formed roughly once a year (as needed) as younger members make the transition from children to adults.
The Session is the ruling body of the church, made up of Ordained Elders who are elected for three year terms by the members of the congregation. Session meets monthly (with special meetings as needed) to determine the course of the church, with the Pastor acting as moderator.
Made up of both the Pastor, Elders, church members, as well as friends of the church, Committees handle the various missions of the church. There are currently 6 committees: BGF (Building, Grounds, and Finance), Worship, Education, Fellowship and Nurture, Mission and Evangelism, and Personnel.
- BGF (Building, Grounds, and Finance) – oversees the maintenance of the church facility, including overseeing the finances of the church.
- Worship and Music – oversees Sunday worship and other special services during the year.
- Education – oversees all aspects of Christian Education, from Sunday School to Adult classes.
- Fellowship and Nurture – Plans and makes arrangements for various fellowship opportunities, as well as caring for shut-ins.
- Mission and Evangelism – Oversees Mission and outreach, as well as church “pr” (Including this website!)
- Personnel – Oversees the pastor and staff.