Since 1852, First Presbyterian Church of Weyauwega has provided a Christian family for followers of Jesus Christ in central Wisconsin. We provide a friendly, prayerful place for people of all ages to worship, to learn, to be in fellowship and to serve God in daily living.
Our activities are based on worship and prayer, as we work to serve local and global needs in Christ’s name. God’s word must be carefully studied and prayerfully considered to enable us to be successful in reaching our goals.
The mission of First Presbyterian is very broad, as we strive to bring Christ’s message to our communities. We provide a joyful environment, rooted in Christian tradition, yet seeking to meet the needs of today’s Christians. Worship services provide personal support and comfort, challenging and empowering us to return to our communities to do God’s work.
We welcome anyone seeking to deepen or renew their spiritual life to join us in the journey of growing in faith together.
The church was officially organized in 1852 by seven devout Weyauwega citizens who enlisted the aid of an organizing pastor from Winneconne, Wisconsin. Waupaca country was itself electing its first officials when the First Presbyterian Society of Village of Weyauwega became one of the earliest churches in the area.
Worship services were conducted in the public school house until a church was built in 1854 on donated land at the corner of Pine and Alfred streets. This original church served the congregation for the next 96 years.
The present church replaced the old church on the same site in 1950. The congregation numbered approximately 250 communicant members at the time and the church had been reincorporated as the First Presbyterian Church of the City of Weyauwega. The original manse (pastor’s dwelling) was constructed adjacent to the church in the 1894 and was replaced with a new home on the original site in 1980.
The new church with the simple elegant lines of columned Georgian Colonial architecture and the carillon, installed in 1964, add much to the downtown area. An extensive addition and some remodeling of the church was completed in 1998 to accommodate the growing activities inherent to our mission as a community church.
During the past 150 plus years many dedicated Christians have strived individually and collectively, through First Presbyterian, to be messengers of the gospel and serve the greater community.
We invite you to come and worship with us and welcome you into the fellowship of Christian friends and neighbors.