We are a community of faith, inspiring and equipping members for the present and the future. We are an inclusive congregation, welcoming people from many different back-grounds, life styles and denominations, holding to the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Holy Word. Members maintain involvement in many local mission areas, including the Weymont Food Pantry and free monthly Community Dinners, as well as strong support for national and international ministries.
We are the only Presbyterian Church in Waupaca County. Presbyterianism is a Protestant faith begun after the Reformation. Our church has members with beginnings in several other faith denominations and communities. All are welcome at our services and all who have been baptized are welcome to God’s Communion table.
First Presbyterian Church was founded in 1852 as the First Presbyterian Society, generously supported by donations of time, effort and land by local founders. The original building was constructed in 1854, supervised by Debius Hutchinson, whose descendents are active members today. A pastor’s residence (manse) was added in 1894.
The current church was built in 1950 on the site of the original building. The current manse was built in 1980. An extensive addition and remodeling project was undertaken in 1998 which included Memorial Hall. a kitchen, added office space, improved access for those with physical limitations, and remodeled Christian education areas.
First Presbyterian Church has been served by 35 ministers since its founding. Our current minister, Pastor Dan McCurdy, was called in September, 2013. The church is part of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and Winnebago Presbytery.